The Promotions Module allows you to run a vote promotion within your contest, where entrants receive "bonus" votes during the voting process. You can choose the minimum donation required, how many bonus votes they receive, and the length of time that the promotion runs.
Before we get started (IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW):
1. ANY CONTEST CAN RUN A VOTE PROMOTION.
2. YOU CAN RUN MULTIPLE VOTE PROMOTIONS IN A CONTEST, FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME.
3. VOTE PROMOTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO VOTING IN THE ENTRY PROCESS, ONLY VOTING ON AN ENTRY'S VOTING PAGE.
4. MULTIPLE DONATIONS THAT ARE LESS THAN THE REQUIRED MINIMUM DONATION TO RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL VOTES WILL NOT BE ADDED UP TO REACH THE MINIMUM DONATION TO RECEIVE PROMOTION VOTES.
5. VOTES ENTERED OFFLINE, BY THE CONTEST ADMIN, DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE BONUS VOTES. YOU (THE CONTEST ADMIN) MUST CALCULATE THEM INTO WHEN YOU APPLY THE OFFLINE VOTES.
To run a VOTE PROMOTION:
1. Log into the GGPC ADMIN: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/admin
2. Navigate to the CONTEST SETTINGS > PROMOTIONS:
3. Click ADD PROMOTION:
4. For PROMOTION TYPE
, choose VOTING (POST-ENTER)
5. The ADD/EDIT PROMOTION
Donation Minimum: The minimum donation an voter is required to make in the voting process in order to qualify for the bonus votes.
Promotional Votes (Bonus Votes): The amount of bonus votes a voter receives for making the donation minimum.
Start Date: The start date and time of your promotion. The time will always correspond with the time zone in your contest settings.
End Date: The end date and time of your promotion. The time will always correspond with the time zone in your contest settings.
6. As you fill out the fields, the language in the PROMOTION LANGUAGE (GRAY BOX) will update. This is what is displayed to voters during the voting process (on an entry's voting page).
For example, we're going to run a promotion where if someone donates $25 or more
during the voting process, they receive a bonus of 25 votes.
We're going to run this promotion for 24 hours
This is how it's displayed on the public site, to a voter during the voting process:
In our example:
If the voter donates for 25 votes ($25.00
), they'll receive 50 votes (25 bonus votes)
If they donate for 35 votes ($35.00)
, they'll receive 60 votes (25 bonus votes)
If they donate for 50 votes ($50.00)
, they'll receive 100 votes (50 bonus votes)
.And so on.
This module is brand new and still in beta mode. If you have any questions, run into any bugs, or have suggestions on how to improve it, please contact us.